Helloooooooooooooooo

Goodness, just when I turn around, another month has gone by! WOW, it is so true, the more "seasoned" you become, the faster the time flies!

How have all of you been? I see some of you are still holding down the blog "fort". I salute you! Although I have been quiet on my side of the screen, rest assured, I am still reading!

I can't believe tomorrow is going to be September already! This August has just flown by.

Yes, work has been dominating my time, however I also made a personal challenge to work on my fitness. For the past 4 months, I have been power walking 6-7 days a week at one hour to one and a half hour periods of time. Seriously, I had to do something! the poundage was packing on quickly, and it was time to make my body a priority. Because it can get really hot here in Sacramento, my walks have been starting anywhere from 6:30 to 7:30 in the morning! Ayee Dios! another challenge, because I am normally a tweaker who doesn't go to bed till about 3:00 am! (my creativity usually doesn't strike till midnight when all is calm here at home)

Now I find myself in bed by midnight and waking up without an alarm clock! Who knew?
It's all good. Although I am not keeping track of my weight, I have gone down two dress sizes! Yay! I am even more motivated to keep on going.

No, I haven't stopped creating. I am working on a two Shrine concepts. One for an upcoming show at SomArts Cultural Center in San Francisco and another for a Benifit hosted by Rebecca of Recuerda Mi Crazon.

I am also just about done for a Dia De Los Muertos Prototype project for another class I will be teaching at Santa Clarita Craft Lab in southern California this October. (I can hardly wait, by the way!)

Other than that, just been enjoying time home. Didn't really do any traveling this summer, but to the family cabin and a few road trips. A couple of weeks ago, I went to the charming town of San Juan Bautista. I hadn't been there since my third grade field trip. If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend it. Very cute town, excellent for window shopping and of course the beautiful mission.

Here are a few pics I ganked from the web.

http://www.eveandersson.com/photos/usa/ca/san-benito-valley/san-juan-bautista-mission-exterior-large.jpg


http://www.whatimseeing.com/upload3/san_jaun_bautista_10.jpg

San Juan Bautista

Photo 1108 of 1197

Order a print of this photo Permalink button
Photo by Scott Haefner: San Juan Bautista

Super Charming!

Stay tuned!

Comments

FAQ said…
Yoli
sounds like all is well in yoliville. Glad you went down a dress size, I have been walking too but still I don't think I'm burning all the cals I'm eating! Your life seems full and blessed. Happy September.
GlorV1 said…
Sounds like you have been a busy gal Yoli. Oh, tomorrow is the 31st, not September yet. See you ahead of yourself, wanting to hurry up and get to that day.:D That's good though, means that life is being good to you. Enjoy yourself and take care. happy days to you.
rebecca said…
i have missed you yoli!
welcome back to blogland...and thank you for your support in the upcoming shrine auction!!!

waiting with pure anticipation to see your shrine!

love,
r
Anonymous said…
yay for you and your weight loss. i too have to get started on my power walks, it totally works for me. but i have not dedicated the time for this and i gained all my weight back, argggh.
i always visit a mission whenever i am in the vicinity. i've been to san juan bautista and it's just beautiful!
have a great week! hasta luego
DMG said…
Congratulations on sticking with your committment and you new (reduced) size. I did exactly the same thing this summer: walked 3-6 miles a day, and, boy, did it pay off. I'm inordinately proud of myself and so should you be! Don't you feel so much better too??? And the best news is that you'll be around to create art that much longer. Good news for all of us!
Sacred Yoli said…
Thanks Chicas.

I certainly appreciate the support!
Viva La Arte!
Flor Larios Art said…
Love those photos and Congratulations on your weight loss.
I walk everyday around my neighborhood with a friend...it is easier if you have company.
FAQ said…
Yoli,
Girl, missing your posts! You must be busy!
Yvonne said…
You just got noninated for a Kreativ Blogger Award on my blog. Hope you check it out.
cindy said…
san juan bautista IS such a nice place...i grew up just near there, in castroville. i love your lovely, crafty projects!