Reno, Indie Sacramento, Scary Craft and More Thanks

Hey kids!

How are all of you doing? I have had a super busy weekend that has let to a super busy week!

Last weekend, I took, ::gulp:: 106 people to Reno. Sharon, my business partner and I hosted two busloads of partiers for good times in Reno. We have been doing this for 9 years now. Although it is a lot of fun, it is also a lot of work to coordinate and entertain these people enough to want them coming back for more, not to mention giving us referrals for future business.

We had a great time, and we gave away some great prizes. We left at 8:00 am on Saturday and returned around 7:30 pm. Sunday I had my Northern California Mixed Media Art workshop followed by working some more.

Wheew!

Yesterday, after work I high tailed it to Side Show Studios go give a brief demo on encaustic wax. I love working this medium. It is so easy and the results are so amazing. You can click on my tutorials at the right of my blog, I have a link to the process I use.

This coming weekend I am off and running again. Between showing property I will be attending Indie Sacramento's Largest Trunk Show in Northern California! This month they are having over 70 vendors! They are also having a "Craft University" and yours truly will be hosting a class at 10:30 am. I am teaching a technique to make "Funky Fabric Broaches" I figured with Mother's day around the corner, these would make excellent gift ideas to have handy.

Here is the link to more information.

IndieSacramento :: Sacramento's largest trunk show & craft bazaar

Posted using ShareThis


Ok, some quick picture sharing time.

Here is a pic I snapped while on the bus.
we are off to reno

This is a pic of my Encaustic Wax creation from last night. I used pages from my art journal to seal in wax.

encaustic collage I demo'd

This is an example what we will be making on Saturday.

Rojo Pot


Also, I would like to give big thanks for the following wonderful craft sites for featuring my Mixed Media Scarf tutorial.


Oneprettything.com (Awesome Craft site)

Scary Craft. Who is maintained by Krissi. She has been on a roll with tutorials, herself as well as scouting other great craft tutorials!

Ok, gotta run, my youngest son has an appointment with DMV to take his drivers test! Send happy thoughts people!

Comments

Pam said…
That encaustic stuff is gorgeous! I have no idea really what it is or how to do it...but I think I'm going to have check out a tutorial on it. It looks amazing and I'd love to try it out.
And thanks for the heads up on the "tramp stamp" thing. It just sounded so derogatory the way it was thrown out by a poster on a message board I frequent. Ahh well. Hopefully she won't be using that term in a negative way anymore. jeje