Sacred Sunday

It was a Sacred Sunday indeed. Today, the Hubs andI drove to Thornton, California to have some Menudo at my brother in-law's new restaurant. He just opened it up yesterday to catch the estimated 50 thousand people who would be filtering through this sleepy town for the annual Portuguese festival, honoring, "Our Lady of Fatima" It is a four day event including, multiple masses, processions, parades and a "bloodless" bullfight that will commence tomorrow. As long as I lived here, I had never been to this festival. I couldn't believe how many people were here. Groups from all over California were walking proud with their little princessa's. I wish I knew more about this festival. I tried googling it, but I couldn't find any "meat and potatoes" kind of information. Just little morsels, here and there. Here is a link to "Our Lady of Fatima"

Anyhoo, Here is my brother in law serving his Menudo with a smile. We are all so excited for him, and we ended up spending 4 hours at his restaurant helping him, serve, cook and take orders. It was definitely a family affair today.









Here are some pics, in random order. I was just taken aback by all the colores, tradition, and faith that was evident, everywhere I turned.






















Each town (about 40) had their set of Princesses. Southern California, the Bay area, and the Upper Northern parts of California where representing.













Here is my girl!

















When I look up in the sky, outside the church, this is what I saw.

























































































hehe, I love the look on his face.


How was that for a unsuspecting breakfast?
The weather was absolutely beautiful today, and it was a perfect day for a parade. I got so much inspiration today, and can't wait to encorporate today's celebrations into my arte.

Have a great week everyone!

Comments